Feb 22, 2007

Stitch dictionnary







I finished so far my stitch dictionnary, although I think I'm going to complete it with my future TAST pieces.

I just joined this group and it will be fun to do a sampler of a stitch every week for a year. The only problem being that I only used black/white which can make the endeavour rather boring somehow... I must see how I resolve this issue...

I put the name of the stitch in each one of the little "pillows" and stitched each stitch trying to show how it is made (this means, not perfectly, but so that you see the different stages). It was a great fun to do it and it was exactly what I needed for this old drawer that I found at a flea market.

Now I have it on the wall in my coffee shop corner of the studio.

18 comments:

  1. looks amazing Sara!
    fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sara, you are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love this--for so many different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for your TAST stitches. The fly stitch work is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic piece of work - such a great use of the display drawer - this would also be wonderful for a book of stitches !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara!
    this is so great!
    The Black and white is fantastic! its part of what makes what you did so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that!! what a great idea. i would love to see a close up of the stiching. came her through ruth's blog. i think i might be a frequent reader now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ich finde Deine Idee super! Ich möchte mich meiner "Vorschreiberin"
    eigentlich nur anschließen: Genial!
    Der Setzkasten gefällt mir wirklich!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea Sara ! I like the way they are labelled like scientific specimens and placed in the tray.It looks like a mini museum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really clever! i love your whole concept and idea...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your work is truly prolific...I want your Franz in your Etsy. Your white stitch recipe creation is just exquisite! The girls in Art for Quilters ring are in for a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow~this is amazing and what a great idea..
    xox~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this stitch library,such a brilliant concept,
    I also like the TAST sample,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitch dictionary in and of itself is a piece of art! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this piece. So lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so fantastic!! I can just imagine taking them all down one by one to look at them!!

    ReplyDelete