May 21, 2014

Experimenting with a new technique


My studio will be finished by the end of next week and this gives me courage to create and to try new techniques. I want to mix traditional embroidery on fabric with my embellisher techniques on felt. I think the surface is very interesting and this is only the beginning of it. 


You can see the felted fabric to the right of the piece and also on the kind of circle around the cross . I used some natural dyed fabric which I did using the only botanical piece ( plant!) I have in my balcony. Just hammered the fruits to the fabric... It is also the background of the king.


2 comments:

  1. Your new technique is looking very successful Sara. Wonderful news that your patience is about to be rewarded and your studio will be completed shortly.

    ReplyDelete